Hi, I’m Leah Hartman!
If you want to nourish your family in the culture of God (as opposed to, ahem, another one), you’re in the right place.
I’m a homeschooling mama of five growing kiddos, and just like you, I’m often overwhelmed by the enormous privilege and responsibility it is to partner with God in forming a unique human soul. Let alone five. And then there’s my soul too!
Here’s what I know: There’s no one like a mother to foster culture, there’s no place like home to order a life toward God, and there’s no way like a classical education to encourage it all.
Some fun facts about me:
- Leah is spelled like in the Bible, but pronounced like in the Star Wars. So, phonetically, it’s more like Lay-uh. My real-life brother’s real-life name is Luke. No joke.
- My husband, Caleb, is the creator, owner, and master builder of Hartman Custom Cabinetry. He builds beautiful things out of wood. Sometimes even for me!
- I’m not on any social media and it’s one of my favorite decisions ever.
- I believe that the family is a little church and the church is a big family. And that if homes are little churches, then homeschools are little monasteries.
- If you’re in to personality types, I’m an Enneagram 1, a classic Melancholy, and an ENFJ. Basically, I like putting things where they go.
- I’m from the-middle-of-nowhere Kansas and really like it. We sometimes think about taking steps in the homesteading direction, but wind up standing in awe of the skills and knowledge that it takes to do so. Props to every generation that had to grow their own food.
- My dad is a preacher/teacher and my mom is a foodie. Turns out this combination of formation was exactly perfect for what I do every day- nourish bodies and souls.
- I have a knack for order and organize/declutter as a way of life. I’m not very good at design, but I believe an ordered space is one of the most beautiful.
I’m so glad you’re here! Feel free to get it touch with me. I’d love to get to know you.